Views:8 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2017-10-27 Origin:Site
It's important to have a well-stocked first aid kit in your home so you can deal with minor accidents and injuries.
Your first aid kit should be locked and kept in a cool, dry place out of the reach of children.
Many people also keep a small first aid kit in their car for emergencies.
Your basic first aid kit
A basic first aid kit may contain:
· plasters in a variety of different sizes and shapes
· small, medium and large sterile gauze dressings
· at least two sterile eye dressings
· triangular bandages
· crepe rolled bandages
· safety pins
· disposable sterile gloves
· alcohol-free cleansing wipes
· sticky tape
· thermometer (preferably digital)
· skin rash cream, such as hydrocortisone or calendula
· cream or spray to relieve insect bites and stings
· antiseptic cream
· painkillers such as paracetamol (or infant paracetamol for children), aspirin (not to be given to children under 16), or ibuprofen
· cough medicine
· antihistamine tablets
· distilled water for cleaning wounds
· eye wash and eye bath
It may also be useful to keep a basic first aid manual or instruction booklet with your first aid kit.
Medicines should be checked regularly to make sure they are within their use-by dates.